Data Collection and Sharing: The RaceTac suite of apps and online applicatons only collects user emails for:
This data will NOT be shared by Hubbard Software with any other entity other than that needed by an Organizing Authority (Yacht Club, etc.) to run a Regatta, and to support our customers.
- RaceTac: An email is requested for aquiring a 'User Permit' need to load S63 licensed charts. Such as those issued by the UK Admiralty and others.
- RaceTac Regattas: An email is used as the user ID for logging into the system. It will also collect sailboat information needed for running the races. This may be used by an Organizing Authority such as a Yacht Club for running the races, and for contacting registered participants in a regatta with updates, scores, and general information.
- RaceTac Committee: An email may also be requested to link the app to the RaceTac Regattas system. Used for uploading and downloading race information.
- RaceTac: The app requires Internet access in order to download NOAA Charts, to acquire a 'User Permit' used for S63 Chart Support. (See
S63 page for details). and to get tidal current data from RaceTac servers.
- RaceTac Committee: Will use the internet for synchronizing race info with the RaceTac Regatts system, and to allow uploading and emailing of race results if scoring is used.
Camera: The 'RaceTac' app uses the device camera solely for the purposes of the 'Augmented Reality' function called 'Virtual Marks'. It does not record, collect, or
store any video or images during use. It is strictly used in 'preview' mode for the purposes of overlaying the graphics of the Mark locations.
Manual Data Sharing: The 'RaceTac' app has an ability to export or import the list of Mark data. It requires access to your device file storage to do so. This is only
done by the user through the menus. The data is then stored in files on the device. Sharing of those files is up to the user, as the app has no 'sharing'
functions at present.
The 'RaceTac Committee' app can email the list of logged finishing times.