Version 1.70: August 30, 2017
- NEW: Speed-Over-Ground (SOG) displays when there is no course set.
- NEW: Charts: Bearing line from boat to the current Mark is now an option.
- NEW: Charts: Tapping the 'center' button at the bottom of the chart display now brings up a 'Chart Options' dialog so you can change chart related settings right from the chart. Includes a button to center the chart on the boat, as in previous revs.
- Fix: No speed is provided by some devices under Android 6.0.1. In this case we now calculate the speed ourselves.
- Fix: Crash using 'voice mode' start timer option when the 'US' locale is not installed on a device.
- Fix: A few rare crashes.
Version 1.67: August 1, 2017
- Fix: Rare crashes on some systems when under memory load.
- NEW: Graphic Race Mode now the default.
- NEW: Graphic Race Mode now has an orange circle outside the compass which indicates the relative bearing to the next mark (not current mark). Let's you plan your rounding better.
- NEW: Dialog to load a named course now closes when you choose a course. One less button to push.
- NOTE: Chart menu changed slightly to start preparing for licensed charts, as used in the UK and Australia for example.
Version 1.66: July 6, 2017
- NEW: Preference for when distance units are switched from the Major to the Minor unit. Set in the Units of Measure preference area, you set it as a fraction of the Major Unit. Previously (and the default) it was one Major Unit. For example, if your Major Unit was Nautical Miles and Minor Unit was yards, RaceTac would switch from NM to YDS when your distance went under 1 NM. Now you could set it to, say, 0.5 so it won't switch to yards until you are less than a half a NM in distance.
- NEW: Better Mark Import functionality when tapping a '.marks' file from a file explorer. RaceTac was showing as an option for all file types. Now it shows as an option only for '.marks' file types.
- FIX: A crash if RaceTac was not running, and you tried to trigger a Marks import from a file explorer.
- FIX: A crash when entering 'Virtual Marks' but the camera was not available for some reason.
Version 1.65: June 20, 2017
- NEW: Coordinate display preferences to show hemisphere (N, S, E, W).
- NEW: Charts support 'Night Mode'.
- Faster Charts startup.
- Clearer text description for setting Marks to current location.
- Improved 'Night Mode' colors on main screen.
- Coordinate data entry errors now show a pop-up requiring acknowledgment.
Version 1.64: June 15, 2017
- NEW: Coordinate entry now allows hemisphere notation. You can enter N, S, E, or W before or after the coordinate. Also now supports a hyphen between degrees, minutes, and seconds, in addition to space, colon, and semicolon. Also has better error checking and reporting for bad coordinate formats.
- Fix: Some illegal coordinates were allowed thru on entry, causing an app crash later in 'Mark Management'.
Version 1.63: June 8, 2017
- NEW: Named Courses: Save and load pre-set courses by name.
- Fix: Button color issues on older Android versions.
- Fix: Rare crash when restoring app after leaving screen.
Version 1.62: May 29, 2017
- Fix: Crash if all charts were removed.
- Fix: Boat position wrong after zoom in some cases.
- Enhanced drawing accuracy (a few pixel improvement on some objects)
- NEW: Chart Interaction! You can tap Marks and Nav Aids to see options! Add NavAids to Marks list and more!
- NEW: Chart orientation options! See Chart Preferences and Chart documentation.
- See Chart Documentation for more detail.
Version 1.61: May 19, 2017
- Chart Performance Improvements - Faster start, faster when returning to chart from another page.
- NEW: Chart Preference - Choose orientation when moving - Either boat icon moves, or boat stays fixed in center and chart moves.
- NEW: Start Sequence Audio runs if Chart screen is up.
- NEW: File Dialogs (For import/export etc.) are now sorted in file name order.
- Fix: Boat icon on chart did not move correctly.
- Fix: Areas were not colored in when zoomed in and boundaries were off the screen.
- Fix: Course Marks redrew in wrong location after leaving charts and returning, after zooming.
- Fix: 'Show all Marks' preference for Charts used wrong default at startup, until changed.
- Fix: File error in File Dialogs on Android Versions before 4.4 .
- Fix: Mark Import failed on some Nougat devices.
- Fix: Course Management screen had bad spacing on Android Nougat.
Version 1.60: May 5, 2017
- Charts! RaceTac now supports U.S. NOAA ENC charts. This is currently EXPERIMENTAL. See the Chart Section for details.
- Free Trial Version: Trial period has been reduced to 30 days.
- Improved text and messages in Mark Import function.
- Mark Import Function now supports alternate character sets in CSV files. Such as UTF-8 if exported from Excel.
- Long Press on a Mark to set it's position now pops up a confirmation request. Minimizes accidents in rough conditions.
- Fix for a rare crash when a Mark has been added at a time when GPS has not yet obtained a fix.
Version 1.50: March 25, 2017
- Race Timer! The 'Start Timer' will now start counting up to time the race after the start. The 'stop' button will stop the race timer and record the race. Hitting the stop button again will reset the timer for the next race start sequence.
- AutoFinish! With this option (on by default, see Start/Finish preferences), the race timer will stop automatically when you cross the finish line. Note: This is approximate for a few reasons: 1. It is your bow crossing, not your GPS device in the cockpit that matters. 2. GPS does not have perfect accuracy, and can be off by several meters. 3. GPS chips typically get a 'fix' about once a second. So your Race Committee will usually have a more accurate elapsed time. Also, AutoRound must be enabled for this to function. If your finish line is just a single mark (not a 'gate' between two points like a pin and Committee Boat) then the line is assumed to be a line through the last mark, and perpendicular to a line from the previous mark to the last mark.
- Race Report! Launched from the app menu, you can see the Start, Finish, and Elapsed time of up to the last 30 races.
Version 1.42: March 1, 2017
- Saves/Restores last used file location folder for Import and Export functions.
- Option to replace all Marks on Import, or use the previous behavior which just updated and added new ones.
- Change label text in the 'Next Mark' area in both 'Start Mode' and 'Race Mode' to read 'First Mark' before the Start. Clearer, because before the Start it shows bearing and distance to the 'First Mark' from your boat. After the start it shows what your bearing and distance are to the following 'Next Mark' to help you plan your rounding.
- Support for Nougat (Android 7.0) and up. Nougat has much tighter security, so apps can only see the 'shared' disk folders like 'Download' and 'Documents'. The Import/Export file dialogs will only show those folders now.
- Exporting to P2N has an option to replace all Waypoints. NOTE: In Nougat, this integration will NOT be supported, due to the new security restrictions. Sorry, nothing can be done about it at this time.
- Fixed rare, unreported, bug, where the 'rounding side' color indication in the Course Management screen could be wrong if you left the page and then used the 'back' button to return to it. Only occurred in very rare cases.
Version 1.41: January 27, 2017
- Enhanced font sizes in the new Graphical Race Mode.
- Fixed bug when Importing from certain GPX file formats. Better error reporting.
- NEW - Graphical Race Mode! Choose either original Text Mode, or new Graphical Mode with a Compass Rose and Relative Bearing indicator for the Mark. Set default in preferences, or toggle between them by tapping on the Mark name in the top area, or anywhere in the compass rose.
- NEW - Third party integration of Marks/Waypoints via Import/Export. Contact our support for details.
- NEW - A pop-up will come up when a new release comes out, letting you know what's new.
- FIX - On new installs only, the Android permission requests (Camera, Location, Disk) will be all grouped at startup.
- NEW - Import Dialog - From main menu. Use a file dialog to select the file to import. Previous method still works too!
- NEW - Export! From main menu. Export your marks to a file! See 'Tech Info' page for details.
- Fix - Fix a crash that could occur when trying 'Virtual Marks' and there is no rear facing camera (required for Virtual Marks).
- Preferences are in related sub-screens by group. Minimizes need to drag the preferences screens. For example, all 'Units' are together in a sub-screen.
- Dynamic font sizes for longer Mark names. Better fit on screens.
- Better layouts for landscape mode and tablet sized devices.
- NEW: Supports 'Rounding Side' for Marks in the course. (Thanks to a user in England for the suggestion!)
- Requests PERMISSION to access EXTERNAL STORAGE so Import will work from files on SD cards.
Version 1.20: November 1, 2016
- Voice Option for Start Sequence! You now have a preference to have tones or voice!
Thanks to the user for a great suggestion! See your device's 'Language and Input' settings to control the voice used. See the 'help' in the app menu, or in the Tech Info page for more detail.
- Some small performance optimizations.
- Tested on 'Nougat', Android version 7.1 .
Version 1.11: October 19, 2016
- Start Mode now has "Next Mark" data for planning your move after starting.
- New Preference to set the latitude/longitude display format in Mark coordinates.
Now you can display in decimal degrees (default), as well as degrees and decimal minutes, or degrees, minutes and decimal seconds.
- Course Setup now scrolls up the list of Marks in the course automatically as you add Marks to the end.
- Fix obscure crash when deleting marks in a course.
Version 1.10: October 1, 2016
- Improved tablet support! Better font sizes and layouts.
- Start Timer area now has a 'Stop/Reset' button in addition to the 'Sync' button!